COSMOS Students - What to Bring
The following list is a guideline of items students will need while at COSMOS on the UC Davis campus. Students should include things that will make them feel comfortable while away from home. In case you forget something, small items can be purchased at local stores.
<><><><> NO NUT PRODUCTS PLEASE <><><><>
- Clothing for both hot and cold weather, mornings and evenings, as well as some field trip locations can be chilly.
- Closed-toe shoes are required in labs. Shoes should be comfortable for walking as the UCD campus is large and students will walk within campus back and forth to class.
- Personal hygiene items: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, hairbrush, etc.
- Sunscreen, Davis could be HOT during summer!
- Towels: for shower and pool
- Money or credit card for personal days and emergencies.
- Medications: All medication must be cleared by a staff member. COSMOS staff CANNOT administer medications.
- Pens, paper, and stamps to write letters to family members
- Cluster-specific items (identified in a separate letter, if necessary)
- Swimsuit appropriate for pool
- Shower shoes
- Pre-paid calling card for payphones (these are for sale on campus)
- Extra sheets & blankets. Sheets, pillow, pillowcase and blanket are provided, but you might want extras. Sheets and pillowcases are exchanged weekly by the dorm staff.
- Sports equipment (although COSMOS will provide some sporting equipment)
- Spending money. Students should not need much spending money while at COSMOS. Three meals will be provided every day, including during field trips.
- Reading/desk lamp
- Cell phones (may not be used in classrooms, lab or on field trips)
DO NOT Bring
- No NUT products
- An automobile or other vehicle
- Valuable items
- Weapons, fireworks, explosives, candles, cooking items, etc
- Drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes
- Pets (Not permitted on campus – including Opening and Closing Day)
Students are responsible for the safety and security of their personal items.
For more information, please contact COSMOS.