WHO CAN APPLY (2024)
- California students ONLY
- Rising 8th graders (will be in 9th grade in Fall 2024) through rising 11th graders (will be in 12th grade in Fall 2024)
** Please get in touch with the Statewide COSMOS office with questions about student residency status for application purposes
- Completed online application, including one personal statement;
- Two teacher recommendations (one required, second recommendation suggested) **STEM teachers preferred, others accepted
- Official high school transcript(s) (9th graders must also submit a copy of their 8th-grade report card)
- Parent/guardian e-signature (s) in the parent portal
- Application fee ($42)--payable online with a credit card or check
Dates & Deadlines (2024)
- Opening Day 2024: Sunday, July 7, 2024
- Closing Day 2024: Saturday, August 3, 2024
- Online Application Opens: Wednesday, January 10, 2024, at 8:00 AM
- Online Application Closes Friday, February 9, 2024, at 5:00 PM, continues unsupported until 11:59 pm
- Completed online application, parent/guardian signature(s), application fee, and optional financial aid application must be submitted must be POSTMARKED on or before February 10, 2024
- Admissions Notifications for the COSMOS Program: March 28, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- (Note: Statewide and Helpdesk support will be closed after notifications are sent and will reopen the following Monday at 9:00 am EDT.)
- Offer Acceptance or Decline (no response is considered "offer declined") to COSMOS due April 10, 2024, by 11:59 PM
- If ACCEPTED, One-third of the tuition is due online or by check on April 10, 2024.
- The remaining two-thirds of the tuition must be paid by Friday, April 19, 2024
- Students admitted from the waitlist will be notified on a rolling basis starting April 12, 2024, and offers to attend COSMOS must be accepted within 7 days.
- The last batch of admitted students from the waitlist will be notified on May 29, 2024
PAYMENTS (times specific to credit card payments; checks must be postmarked by the date noted)
- Application fee ($42) due by Friday, February 9, 2024, at 11:59 PM (unsupported after 5:00 PM)
- All tuition ($5,007) must be paid by the set deadline at 11:59 PM (unsupported after 5:00 PM)
- All payments made by check must be postmarked by the deadline date.
Credit card payments are available. A 2.85% service fee will be added to all online payments.
For information on refund requests, see our Refund Policy.
See our Application and Payment Basics page for information on making payments.
- All fee payments are non-refundable
- No refund will be given in the event of dismissal or voluntary departure from the program at any time.
- If the program must be canceled or switched to remote instruction, the campus and Statewide will determine if a refund (of any amount) will be given.
- In the case of full FA, the $200 deposit will be returned to the payee upon successful completion of the program
- For questions, please contact the statewide office directly
Can I apply to multiple campuses?
No. You may only apply to one campus and select one or two cluster options within that campus.
Can I apply if I have attended COSMOS before?
How do I know if my high school class meets the cluster prerequisites?
Since admissions decisions and clusters are administered at the campus level, don't hesitate to contact the campus directly for any questions about prerequisites.
How to submit the application fee?
The application fee is payable only in the Parent/Guardian Portal ONLY. Parents will be notified by email to create a login and password. They can then make payments, submit their electronic signature (and submit optional financial aid information).
I applied last year. Can I use my same login ID?
Yes. You will need to create a new application each year, as the application may vary yearly, but you may log in with the same account.
Is the application fee refunded for incomplete or non-admitted applications?
No, the application fee is non-refundable.