Other Summer Programs
Summer Math & Science Camps in California
- Academic Talent Program
ATDP offers challenging summer classes on the UC Berkeley campus for highly motivated students who have completed grades 7-11.
- Apprentice Researchers
The students work with graduate student researchers in UC Santa Barbara science and engineering laboratories, gaining first-hand experience in how science research is conducted.
- Berkeley Foundation for Opportunities in Information Technology’s IT Leadership Program (BFOIT)
BFOIT will offer a two-week program aimed at introducing youth to computer science and the university environment on the UC Berkeley campus. This program focuses on women and members of ethnic groups that are historically underrepresented in the information technology fields.
- California Science Center
Discover the behind-the-scenes world of the California Science Center in Los Angeles by combining art, writing, science and engineering.
- Chabot Space & Science Center
Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland offers camps for young people interested in science and having fun! Chabot’s excellent, hands-on student-centered learning model combines well with the outstanding resources available in the Science Center.
- Center for Talented Youth
John Hopkins University offers summer programs located in the Los Angeles area where students can enjoy three weeks learning and living in the company of other bright young minds. Students take one course during this time in subjects ranging from writing to computer science, history to mathematics.
Courses in Animation, Programming, Robotics, and Video Game Design are offered in various locations throughout California.
- Earthwatch Institute, Student Challenge Awards Program (SCAP)
This world-wide program offers students aged 16-18 gifted in the arts and humanities an opportunity to spend two to three intensive weeks during the summer at a scientific research station. High school students are eligible to apply for this special fellowship program when nominated by a teacher.
- iD Tech Camps
Take interests further and gain a competitive edge for school, college, and future careers in STEM. Create apps, video games, C++/Java programs, mods with Minecraft, robots, and more at weeklong summer programs.
- Lawrence Hall of Science Summer Camps
At Lawrence Hall of Science residential summer camps, the mountains, forests, and seashore become exciting places to explore science in ways not possible inside a classroom. As UC Berkeley’s science museum and center for K–12 education, LHS knows how to combine the best hands-on, inquiry-based environmental education activities with what students love most about summer camp.
- Point Reyes Science Camp
For teenagers 13-16, a six-day Adventure Camp. Teens love this camp because it provides opportunity for social interaction without the social pressure. Highlights of the week include a 4-day backpack trip within the park and a dance on the last night.
- Research Mentorship Program
This program is for highly motivated high school students who are interested in cutting edge research. Students study recently published papers and participate in genuine investigations alongside UC Santa Barbara faculty members and advanced graduate students.
- Sally Ride Camps
In summer 2006, Sally Ride Science Camps will be held throughout California and nationwide. These unique, overnight camps provide girls an opportunity to explore science, technology, and engineering while having fun on a college campus.
- Stanford University Mathematics Camp (SUMAC)
Brings mathematically talented and motivated high-school students from across the United States, and from around the world, to Stanford University for four weeks of serious mathematical pursuits.
- Summer Science Program in Astronomy
Operating since 1959, the Summer Science Program (SSP) is a residential enrichment program in which gifted high school students complete a challenging, hands-on research project in celestial mechanics. Offered in Ojai, California and at New MexicoTech at Socorro, New Mexico.
- The Tech Summer Camps, The Technological Museum of Innovation
These programs allow kids (4-8th grade) to experience The Tech in a whole new way. Bringing together high-quality lab facilities, engaging curriculum, and personalized instruction, our camps will create a fun and inspiring way for your kids to deepen their interest in science and technology.
Summer Math and Science Camps Outside California
- Academic Treks
- Advanced Biology Institute
- Awesome Math
- ALL GIRLS/ALL MATH (AGAM)
- Canada/USA Mathcamp
- Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics (HCSSiM)
- Michigan Math and Science Scholars
- Program in Mathematics for Young Scientists (PROMYS)
- Research Science Institute, MIT
- Ross Mathematics Program
- Rutgers Young Scholars Program in Discrete Mathematics
- Summer Institute for Mathematics at the University of Washington (SIMUW)
- Summer Mathematics Program for High School Students
- Texas State University Honors Summer Math Camp
Directories of Summer Math and Science Programs
- Awesome Summer Camps
- Bay Area Kid Fun
- Center for Talented Youth, Johns Hopkins University
- Education Unlimited Summer Camps
- My Summer Camps
- NAGC Summer Programs List
- Summer Math Camps and Programs for High School Students
Links do not imply endorsement of the many opportunities available, due diligence of any Summer Program is suggested.